Saturday, April 13, 2013

Reflection Leads to Trust

Today has been such a whirlwind, I've hardly had a chance to catch my breath...let alone reflect and process.

But now, as I sit. breath. think. rest. I am so overwhelmed with awe and gratefulness to my God, that I can't help but write it down, in hopes that someone else might be encouraged...even if it only serves as a reminder to myself in 5, 10 or 25 years.

Three years ago I made one of the best decisions of my life and little did I know just how life-transforming of a decision that was to come to Baylor University. As I sat crying in the Penland cafeteria with my dad at Spring Premiere, little did I know the adventures that awaited.

Exhibit A:

Today I had the blessing and privilege to share my day with some very special groups of people.  My morning was spent preparing with the Haiti Engineering Team and the rest of the BU Missions teams for our summer experiences. My afternoon was spent at a Youth Ministry Teams Student Leader Retreat. The beginning of my evening was spent preparing for our annual semi-formal with the always wonderful Leadership Council and the remainder of the evening was spent celebrating, dancing, and laughing with the ECS-LLC community.

Did I see any of that coming? Not a chance! All I knew was that I was moving over 2000 miles away from everything I knew to study engineering.

As I reflect on these experiences, both today and over the last three years, I can't help but see God's hand in every fiber of my story. Every opportunity, mountain, and valley- He has been there.

And He will be there in whatever comes my way next.

As I look forward to my senior year, as I weigh the possibility and options of graduate school,  as I takes steps toward whatever God has for me next, I have no reason to fear, no reason to fret.

Before the world began, God knew each and every step that brought me to Baylor and each and every interaction and activity that I have participated in since. And while I can't even begin to fathom and imagine what is up next for me, God knows and there is nothing more comforting to know or hear.

Three years ago, I stepped out in faith and committed to Baylor and over the past three years God has proven Himself faithful to me time and time again.

The only appropriate responses seem to be praise and thanksgiving!

...and trust. The last three years have been great, but they haven't been perfect. I've let myself down and I've been let down by others, but the perpetual constant and foundation has been Jesus Christ. If that doesn't warrant my trust, I don't know what does.

So I look back in awe and gratitude and forward in expectant excitement...and in the present I trust.

"Jesu Cristo es el mismo, ayer, y todos, y por los siglos." Hebreo 13:8




No comments:

Post a Comment